I love books, and I love talking with my friends, who also love books, about books. Last year we decided to organize our own book club. At the time, we all worked together in the same office, so we saw each other every day.
Now, one year later, only two of us still work at the same site (with one of those having left and come back in the meantime!), so book club is even more important to us; sometimes it’s the only time in the month that we’re all able to get together.
We are so excited this month to celebrate our book club’s one year anniversary! Some of the books we have read include:
- Sharp Objects – fiction
- Lean In – nonfiction book on women and leadership
- Girls Like Me – nonfiction, autobiographical book on sexually abused girls
- The Illumination – fiction
- The Age of Miracles – fiction
- We Need to Talk About Kevin – fiction
- 11/22/63 – fiction
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle – nonfiction book on agriculture and culture
- How to Be a Woman – nonfiction, autobiogrpahical humor book
- Before I Go To Sleep – fiction
- Mistaken Identity – nonfiction Christian book
- Proof of Heaven – nonfiction Christian book
We got to thinking, what would be a great way to celebrate this occasion? How about presents! We would love to accept free books from authors as a party favor for our next meeting. What’s in it for you?
All six of us are social media savvy and tweet/post reviews (mostly Goodreads reviews) about what we read. Some of us blog about them as well: my page, Jessie’s blog, Emily’s blog, Brittani’s blog, and Courtney’s blog. We are willing to blog about the books we receive for our book clubiversary party and include pictures of us enjoying your book.
As you can see from the list above, we’re flexible about the genres we read, pretty evenly split between fiction and nonfiction but leaning toward women’s issues and female characters.
If you’re interested in sending us free e-books/paper copies of your book, please email me at email@example.com. If you know of someone trying to publicize their book, please share this post and my email address with them!
We’re so excited, and we just can’t hide it! Thank you!